Saturday, August 2, 2014

August Currently

It's that time again to link up with Farley over at Oh' Boy 4th Grade for this month's Currently. I'm not feeling too well today, so I'll make this short and sweet.



1.) Listening...You know I love me some Jason Aldean! I have the Music Choice channel on and my favorite country artist just happens to be on!

2.) Loving...Chad, my fiancé, painted my built-in bookcases at school Thursday and Friday. I happen to think they look AMAZING. Look for a post about them soon!

3.) Thinking....I have so much left to do at school. My room is a complete disaster. I also need another beach day before the school year officially starts. An old friend from Memphis happens to be at Jekyll Island this weekend so I might see if I can meet up with her tomorrow!

4.) Wanting...Seriously, what has happened to my amazing tan I had this summer? This is another reason I need another beach day.

5.) Needing...Obviously, I need to get my room finished. But more importantly, I need to meet my coteachers. I'm pretty blessed this year to have two amazing math coteachers, one of whom was my SPED mentor teacher last year. He switched over to regular ed, but I think we are going to be a great team. I don't know either of the language arts teachers I'll be working with, though. They're both new so I really have to get down to their classrooms to meet with them and come up with a plan for the year.

6.) 1st day...My first day of preplanning was yesterday, but luckily we have three more days before the kids come back on Thursday. School seems to start earlier and earlier every year!!!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Hi, so happy to find you through Currently! I'm a SPED teacher too and love finding other SPED blogs! I have a place on my blog just for SPED teachers to link up their blogs. You should head over and link yours up and discover some other special ed bloggers!

    Hi, found you through Currently! That's awesome....tax free weekend! I don't believe they do that here in NV! I hear ya on the yucky carpet! I had tile floors until I moved classrooms last year and although this classroom is twice the size, I do miss my tile floors!!

    ~Traci
    <a href="http://thebendersbunch.blogspot.com”>The Bender Bunch</a>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I found you through the August Currently linky! Hope you're feeling better soon. This is NOT the time of year that you want to get sick. I hope you get that beach day in soon. Good luck starting school this upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the tan. I need another week of some sun or it will all fade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your comment on my blog and stopped by to check yours out. It looks like you're going to be all ready by the time the kids get there! Co-teaching is an amazing experience that I hope you'll enjoy! Good luck this week when your kiddos come. :)

    Nicole
    www.NicolesLearningLab.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love new bookcases! I just got a few at a thrift store for my room. Maybe I will paint them too!

    Sweet Tea and Second Grade

    ReplyDelete